Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Sunday Scribblings


Spicy is as spicy does. . .

spicy food, spicy language, spicy gossip, spicy tea, spicy reading material, spicy fragrance, spicy colors, aftershave and sweetpeas, herbs and spices, too spicy for me!, Scoville spicy-hot levels, spice cake, spicey carnation scent, sweet, spicy little girls, Spice Islands, and atsa spicey meataball!

Try as I might, spicy always reminds me of comfort food, the clean colors of a glass Old Spice bottle, and the romantic sound of the Spice Islands from geography class. Mostly I see a witty, carefree, lively woman writing a screenplay at 40, learning to tango at 50, reading her poetry on open-mic at 60, climbing in the Himalayas at 70 and having the last (spicy) word as she leaves for parts unknown.


This is my Sunday Scribblings offering this week. Read more about 'spicy.'

8 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

"Mostly I see a witty, carefree, lively woman writing a screenplay at 40, learning to tango at 50, reading her poetry on open-mic at 60, climbing in the Himalayas at 70 and having the last (spicy) word as she leaves for parts unknown."

I like the very thought of it...

Pam Aries said...

WEll..I'll BE! THe name of your blog is Peacock BLUE! Wow! ..Thaks for stopping by my blog! Cool!

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi! and thank you for stopping by my blog. I am reading yours today and am enjoying it. Got you bookmarked to keep up with yours. Wonderful read on the word spice. I haven't written on S.S. for quite a while. I may enter the waters again with this one. All my best, Annie

Matthew said...

I'll have to agree with gautami, those lines really grabbed my attention. Let the wandering spiciness of life never end!

P.S. My SS blog is at http://commonmisadventures.wordpress.com/--thanks for stopping by!

Christy Woolum said...

Perfect way to use spicy! I agree with the comfort food part. When I was writing mine I wanted to bake a spice cake!

Rob Kistner said...

Fun enthusiastic post! :)

So... are you writing, tangoing, reading, or climbing...

Kristi Tencarre said...

I like that she doesn't feel inhibited by age.

Marianne said...

I really love this post and I really...**really** like your idea of 'spicy'!