Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blog Blast for Peace

Years are coming when forever,
War's dread banner shall be furled,
And the angel, Peace, be welcomed,
Regent of the happy world.
Sicilian Mariners' Air

A strong feeling of hope pervades the air these days. Today is a day to celebrate the peace we need in the world founded on that hope for social justice, adequate food, clean water and shelter, loving kindness, compassion and abundance. See all the participants in this bi-yearly virtual celebration and vigil called Blog Blast for Peace by visiting Mimi here.

11 comments:

K. M. Walton said...

Hey - I like your blog. The blogblastforpeace is totally cool. I went to Mimi's site too. I also like the ABC Wednesday thing - gets the mind thinking.

Michelle said...

Happy Peace day wishes to you. :-)

bobbie said...

A truly beautiful post, Noni.

Peace.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

the photo that come with your post is amazing!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Sending *Peace*Love*Light* to ALL!!
Beautiful blog header as well!

j said...

Peaceful thoughts to you. I hope that your day has been lovely.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely post, and I thought the photo you added was a great one.

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Yes! Peace to all.

Christy Woolum said...

I feel a sense of peace after Tuesday. Sigh of relief.

Anonymous said...

Very touching photo. I like the idea of the Blog Blast for Peace.

I have an award for you on my blog. Please stop by to pick it up when you get a chance.

Paz

Mimi Lenox said...

What a beautiful post and offering for this day.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi