Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

sweet repose


On our Mississippi River tour I posted about earlier this week, we spent the night in rural Wisconsin. The next morning we got on the road just as the sun was coming up. I thought I'd heard cows lowing the evening before. . .I took this shot of the sunrise and if you look closely you can see the bovine beauties still in the shadowy dawn light.

Heading north the valley was socked in with low fog while the sun burned bright against the high ground.
Nothing compares to the smell of crops in the field covered with dew or the farm animals when you're on a motorcycle. And the sky really put on a show for us.

See more beautiful skies at Skywatch Friday.

Praise the ripe field not the green corn.”
Irish Proverb

12 comments:

Shey said...

The sky definitely put on a colorful & beautiful show for you. These are fantastic captures. :)

jabblog said...

I love your photos, particularly the first and third, I guess because they are familiar to me. What a wonderful world!

Sylvia K said...

Such lovely, colorful skies, Noni! Marvelous captures for the day! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

BraCom said...

Beautiful sky photos

Have a nice weekend, Bram

seen on Sky Watch Friday

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

My husband loves to sing a song about Mississipe


I love your shots, dear
congrats
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/08/dreams/

Pietro Brosio said...

These images are so picturesque, Noni!
Happy weekend!

Jim said...

Great colourful shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Kim, USA said...

Oh my these shots are amazing. I love how the fog in the field it's totally fresh air. Happy Friday!

SkyWatchFriday

Tracy said...

Awesome pictures, so peaceful!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Ciao Noni...
molto belle queste immagini del tuo mondo...
Buona giornata.

Joop Zand said...

Beautiful pictures on your blog,
I will come back on this blog.

greetings, Joop

Anonymous said...

Lovely, sunrise is the best time of the day. The warm low light and a brand new day.