Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Skywatch Friday, or off the beaten path

There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been! Percy Bysshe Shelley Some sky views in our new abode: Above is the same path I walk each week but now emblazoned by autumn. Below is the view of the lake from our apartment, looking past our neighbor's deck to Lake Owasso and a cloudy September day.
When I just can't open another packed box, I remember that there is a truth to be found whenever I randomly look up at the sky.
Rest? Camaraderie? Harmony? At any rate, these three birds have the right idea.
See more sky views from all over our dear planet at Skywatch Friday.


14 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Noni! These are Wonderful! Bet you Are tired!
Get some rest Girl!!
hughugs

clairz said...

Ah, yes, unpacking boxes. Well, I think you have the right idea. Just keep enjoying the view and taking your time. And what a wonderful view you have!

Judy said...

I love the colours in that first photo, and the shadows lying across the path!
And the cat in the box in your sidebar!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Autumn is starting to show it's color, pretty.

Hildred said...

I love your colourful lane and hope you enjoy many saunters along it from your new home.

Carolyn Ford said...

Beautiful skies and the color in the first photo is something special!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

ha ha! I just did that! One box at a time, and it'll all be over soon. You have such a pretty view!

Amity said...

beautiful autumn colors...lovely!

Daryl said...

LOVE the new look .. you must give me your new mailing address so I can make sure you get your magazine!

Snap said...

There you are! I've been wondering how the move was going, how the new doc is doing, missing you! Rest, relax, take care of yourself and visit again soon! (Wonderful view)

Ana said...

Great photos Noni! And get some rest...then....new shots?:)

Granny Smith said...

So glad you're back with your marvelous photos. Don't feel even a smidgen of guilt if all the boxes are not yet unpacked. Just think of the joy you are giving your blogger friends!

XOXO, Phyllis

i beati said...

looks serenely lovely right??I'd be sitting in that window all the time..

Pietro Brosio said...

Very nice Sky Watch post, Noni!