Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

I had only heard about this drive-in and yesterday on a late-August, early-early fall Sunday afternoon we rode around Lake Minnetonka and on to Delano, a little farm town west of Minneapolis. There it sat in all it's pink glory! The Peppermint Twist drive-in is pretty famous in these parts, and was even featured on the Food Network a few times. Its all about bears, famous red raspberry shakes, free juke box and car hops. To keep things in the red family, there's Dave on the right waiting for me, as usual.
We had soft ice cream cones and played Roy Orbison, Jan & Dean, the Sufaris and Beach Boys on the juke box. Did that date us sufficiently?!




I'm thinking about Ruby Tuesday for more delicious reds.

5 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

oh, seriously, you don't think I'm going to actually play that and have it in my head until I go to bed, do you Noni? well, how was the food? It seems a fun place for a pit stop while riding the 'ways' on a motorbike. happy Monday to you.

Ralph said...

I must be as dated, as I remember these groups as well as The Rivieras, Junior Walker or the Four Seasons too. Age, as we know is merely a state of mind...

Places like this are wonderful. a treat of a sweet, and more importantly, COLD is the perfect treat in the summer. Especially in MN, the winter lurks not too far behind. We must all enjoy the warm weather days while they are still here...

Colette said...

That is probably the cutest drive-in ever. It reminds me of a cleaner version the Ross Park Drive Inn.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Very cute!

jabblog said...

Sounds fun! I listened to the Beach Boys singing 'Fun, Fun, Fun' courtesy of another blog today and it took me right back to my salad days . . .