Pages

Monday, December 3, 2007

winter dreaming

Out of the bosom of the Air,
Out of the cloud-folds of her garments shaken,
Over the woodlands brown and bare,
Over the harvest-fields forsaken,
Silent, and soft, and slow
Descends the snow.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Minnesota had its first big snow fall over the weekend with freezing temps, blowing wind and sleet. I'm laid up with a nasty cold so am keeping the home fires burning but wanted to send out my greeting for the new month and holiday season as it unfolds. [That's me and my mom in an earlier snowstorm--hope you can see her pincurls!]

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

Anne Bradstreet

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I hope you feel better soon, you picked a good day for a cold though, eh?
You were such a bonny wee lass!

Tom said...

I do hope you get over this cold.. and soon.
I like this collage and you have a picture from my favourite Great Master.. Top Right.

"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding." - Leonardo da Vinci

Julie said...

I love your winter collage and the poem.

I hope you get well soon! Take care - go easy and pamper yourself.

We didn't get nearly the snow Fargo, Grand Forks and Minnesota got.

Hugs,

Julie

Catherine said...

I hope you are feeling better! And keeping warm! Beautiful photo's, I like the one of you and your mom! :) It has been snowing here all day! Also a beautiful Longfellow quote! ~I love that ~silent, and soft,and slow descends the snow! ~Perfect description!
Cat