Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

True Blue

A faithful friend is a strong defense; And he that hath found him hath found a treasure.
Louisa May Alcott




While I was in la-la-land the last weeks, my pal, the other Marianne, a generous, wonderful soul, sent me a care package to end all care packages. Even though she herself was down with the crud all the way in Oklahoma, she found time to knit me this wonderful "Thorpe Hat" in the most beautiful shade of robin's egg, blue green blue, my very favorite color. It is soft, warm mohair & wool and fits my head perfectly (that in itself is a feat). In the package were things that I especially enjoy: more sock yarn for me to knit, chocolate, a vintage Pyrex 'hot dish' for my collection, blackberry-sage tea, and a antique postcard of these guys having way too much fun in their straw hats! Did I mention the chocolate?


So, a friend in need is a friend indeed and virtual friends can be some of the nicest in the world. I'm lucky to have found mine.

7 comments:

Julie said...

She is a very nice friend indeed!

Julie

Marianne said...

Awww, I'm blushing, to my toes.
...ahem... I don't see any chocolate....... :^)
The hat looks lovely on you!

Yolanda said...

Just so you know I can't you as one of my best ones.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

That's gorgeous Pyrex! I like Pyrex and Corningware.

Tom said...

Glad to see you feeling better.. did you save any of that chocolate?

Whay kind of Pyrex is it you collect.. plain glass or patterned?

Christy Woolum said...

What a good way to help a friend feel better. I love the combination of blue.

Beatriz Macias said...

It is amazing this blogging community! Hope you feel better. Enjoy your chocolate and your beautiful hat.