Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

These are the days. . .



While I read this it is 23 degrees outside and I've been wearing socks to bed lately. . .it is finally sinking in that winter has arrived. Over my bowl of oatmeal I remind myself to practice the same mindfulness I use to cope with the bleak midwinter as I do diabetes. Mindfulness offers the suggestion that with patience it can be possible to move nearer to instead of running away from the unpleasantry which can offer rewards of its own. One result is to make peace with the pain. This Marc Chagall painting is one I keep on hand for just such an occasion as my current journey to Siberia.

Blogging has saved my bacon [“Mmm … bacon”--H. Simpson] as well and today is no exception. I recommend you visit iBeati who has written her take on this here. You'll be swept up in her delightful sense of humor and the 'grace' of her thoughts.






Speaking of delight, visit Blue as she has begun a new MeMe called True Colours Thursday--today's color is RED in all its amazing glory. Stop by and join in.

Happy Thursday!

10 comments:

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Arh!
Am so delighted you joined in, with such a lovely warm group of reds too.

And, yes next week is our colour!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

That kitty looks just like miine.

Dragonstar said...

Beautiful reds! I love the red leaves you get over there.

Anonymous said...

Nice reds,
red is such a warm colour....

Marianne said...

Your 'Russia', talk about your 'Sisters'. Yours. :^) (I love it)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Blue said it - warm. You must need warm colours instinctively just now.

Granny Smith said...

I share your feeling for Chagall. Green may be my favorite color, but close behind it is red, of which you have collected beautiful examples here. I want to apologize for the many mistakes and omitted words in my comment on your ABC Wednesday post. No, I'm not senile yet. Just so absent-minded that I forgot to proofread before posting!

Cloudia said...

Lovely reds, sweet cat, wise words.
Aloha, Noni

Christy Woolum said...

Red has become my new favorite color. I keep finding red things I love. We wrote about red in my classroom today and discovered it is a favorite color of many!!

Jeannelle said...

This is a lovely post! I've not gotten into the color-coded blogging, but it is fun to read others'.

There's an award for you at my blog.