Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Chilly today, hot tamale!





These photos are of bell-shaped flowers from seasons past -- warmer and more colorful. I am especially fond of their shapes and apparently take a lot of photos that lean in that direction. Nice to look at in these winter days, so I'm posting these for Today's Flowers, a virtual flower shop hosted every Monday by Luiz, Denise Castro and Laerte Pupo. Stop by for a cheerful bouquet!

In contrast, a few not-so-colorful views of my world. Over the weekend we had a heat wave with melting temps up to 45 degrees. Today its just as bright and clear but with a forceful west wind, its feels like -14. Needless to say these snow people are leftover from our balmy weekend.
Happy Monday!

16 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Noni: I know how you feel about this long Winter season. So glad you have these wonderful flowers to share.

Daryl said...

Those flowers give me hope .. make me not sit here and think about the snow that we're getting tomorrow .. sigh

Carletta said...

The flowers are lovely!
I guess we're all ready for spring.

Donna said...

Beautiful flowers!!! And that snow looks Cold!Hahaa...Happy night sweetie!hughugs

raf said...

Yes, they are lovely to see anytime, but especially in winter....come on tamale!

VALKYRIEN said...

I recognizw at least one flower, very poisenoeus one in dark pink - but so beautiful! I believe it contains a lot of digitalis (used in medicin for the heart) - So do not eat it! The flowers are lovely! And you have the same amount of snow as I have - and the cold where i'm at for the time beeing is - 19 C. Brrrrr!

storyteller said...

What utterly LOVELY bell-shaped flowers to brighten your CHILLY day with snowmen no less! Thanks for visiting Happily Retired Gal and leaving the link back here.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Those bells ... pretty!

Anonymous said...

Nice captures of so many delightful flowers you've shared with us.
Looks like Mr Frosty lost his scarf and carrot :P

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful, such a nice collection of photos. Beautiful flowers! Roll on Spring aye? ;)

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

I can almost hear those bells ringing! Beautiful.

Cloudia said...

Thanks for the lovely flowers!
Aloha-

Strider said...

I'm traveling the Willamette Valley in Oregon this week.....Sun's out....55 degrees....just wonderful. Days like this make me count my blessings for sure. I enjoyed the flower pics....

Bren Haas said...

I love your photos.... you are one of my favorite blogs to follow.
Warm Wishes from my Midwest garden.

i beati said...

not far away those blossoming days !!Sandy

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers and skywatch above. Hummingbirds love bell-shaped flowers, too! Hope you feed them so they come visit.