Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

for a song

If you know me you know that in my world blue is a good thing. Lately I've been remiss in posting additions to my pitcher collection from my travels and especially since I've adopted some delightful blue ones. The top left solid blue pitcher matches a 1950's stoneware coffee pot I have [50 cents] and two matching cups I bought for a quarter each at a yard sale. Then there's a unique antique milk glass pitcher I found during my milk glass craze [its over now, or at least until I laid eyes on the pink variety. . .] bottom right from another antique shop coveted because of the blue cornflowers. Bottom left my latest prize in my favorite turquoise color, made in Japan and nabbed for 60 cents at a thrift store.Speaking of blue, I retrieved this photo I took in Chicago of the most charming cat who would laze on a garden fence and pose for me whenever I walked by on my way home each day. I have yet to see such blue eyes on a cat like this guy had. He makes his debut on Misty Dawn's meme, Camera Critters this weekend.

And my gift to you as we celebrate the coming weekend; give him a listen!

13 comments:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Love the kitty shot! And the pitchers. AND the music -- I think I need to check out that album. Thanks for the tip.

Snap said...

::dancing down the Lane:: ... love the pitchers, the kitty ... hugs ...

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

really unusual eyes for a cat! icy.

i beati said...

Did you read about the cat going across country in a backpack?? love pitchers and sales

Donna said...

Great shots!! But I LOVE the cats Eyes the best!! Gorgeous!!
Happy weekend!
hughugs

nan said...

beautiful cat - and I so enjoyed the music, that I re-posted over at my place, with a hat tip to you! Thanks, Noni!
http://jadepagepress.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_09.html

Mom Knows Everything said...

Awww what a sweet kitty!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful eyes on your kitty, wonderful photos.

eden said...

Such a cute kitty. Great pictures.

Leora said...

"latest prize in my favorite turquoise color, made in Japan and nabbed for 60 cents at a thrift store" - excellent! What a beautiful set.

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

aww, sweet little kitty!

jabblog said...

That puss has such beautifully kind blue eyes. I love your collection - you have a good eye for a bargain.

Carolyn Ford said...

I want to pick that kitty up and snuggle with it! What an adorable little critter!