Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

Minnesota nice

I know it seems I usually have my head in the clouds and Saturday was no exception. Why should a weekend be any different I argue?!


Dave and I left early Saturday morning spending almost all day on the motorcycle travelling south and east through farm land and small towns, then along the St. Croix river. The temperature was nearing 90 all day with a heavy cloud cover but no moisture. A thunderstorm was predicted for the afternoon.



It didn't come until later that evening when the tornado siren in Shoreview interrupted a re-run of 'Mouse Hunt.' The local station's news ribbon showed that our town was, in fact, having a tornado warning which meant we needed to seek cover. While I searched for my shoes and Bean the cat, ready to make the descent to the parking garage I saw a bunch of people, including Dave, just standing out in front of their places watching the sky. It did appear that a storm 'wall' was trying to form but within five minutes the warning ended and Bean was still asleep--in a closet somewhere.

I was able to take some photos as the storm moved north and east of us. Although some clouds appear especially dark I chose not to play with them, afraid I'd lose their imposing quality if I lightened them too much.

These were taken from our front yard as the sunshine tried to resume for the duration of the evening. Luckily no damage was reported in our area.

Earlier in the day we stopped in Northfield, Minnesota home of St. Olaf and Carlton Colleges, the Cannon River and the First National Bank where the James-Younger gang got their butts whupped when trying to rob the town. No tourist trip is complete without a souvenir, I always say:

9 comments:

Old Wom Tigley said...

What a sight that must have been.... glad itr turned away.

Marianne said...

Very Cool photos!
We had an exciting 'flash in the pan' thunderstorm Saturday, then again on Sunday (although not so much the 'flash in the pan' type)... both storms had the trees so excited they threw off debris... it's been windy here ever since...

I'm glad the system passed you by!

Judy said...

Your pictures are awesome, but I'm glad it didn't come anywhere near you guys.

lingovise said...

I absolutely Love that first cloud shot - amazing! nicely done.

chrome3d said...

That first pic looks really massive and heavy. I like to watch it here, from very long distance.

Rena said...

Amazing cloud photos. I've only witnessed Midwestern storms a few times, but I've never forgotten them!

Granny Smith said...

It has been unusually windy here in the bay area, but we seldom get thunderstorms. They do make for some stunning photos, as you have proved with these.

Inland Empire Girl said...

I love sky and cloud pictures. These are beautiful.

ed said...

情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,視訊聊天室,情趣,情趣用品,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,遊戲,線上遊戲,cs online,搓麻將,矽谷麻將,明星三缺一, 橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,電玩快打情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情竹園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情影片,情趣內衣,情趣睡衣,性感睡衣,情趣商品,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室 ,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080苗栗人聊天室,080聊天室,視訊交友網,視訊借錢,黃金,黃金回收,黃金價格,黃金買賣,當舖A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍