Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

While I touch the sky...

Most of the time purple isn't a color I wear. However its rich hue dazzles my eyes when I see purple in nature, or in a heavy velvet drapery or the iridescent gleam on the feathers of a swallow.


I think it pisses God off when you walk by the colour purple in a field and don't notice it. [from The Color Purple by Alice Walker]


Purple is soothing to the eye and just by looking at stalks of lavendar, purple Concord grapes, iris blooms, shiny eggplants or Italian plums, a whole 'nother world of sensory delights--and memories!--unfolds.


Purple is another wonderful choice by Blue for her Thursday MeMe, True Colours. Visit her for more purple photos--and join in the fun. Oh, and one more purple as we leave the sublime and enter the world of memories. . .



12 comments:

i beati said...

Purple is supposed to be the color of healing as well. I once got a good Dr. report on my cancer - and I planted an entire garden of purple sk

Giggles said...

This is the very reason why I am such a purple freak! Wonderful assortment! Especially love the the house in the collage!

Peace Giggles

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Wonderful post as ever from you.

May our purple bruises heal well.
Love
Blue

dianasfaria.com said...

love your purples! & so true about what Alice Walker wrote, that is a great quote.

Cloudia said...

Thanks for sharing YOUR true colours, Noni. . .Aloha!

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Your photos and writing were a wonderful, warm embrace today. Thank you!

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

A beautiful selection of purples.

(I found your blog through Blue's blog)

Christy Woolum said...

The purple photos are so vivid, especially the plums and the iris. I used to be obsessed with purple... now I am on a red kick!!

Megan Coyle said...

Lovely photos, purple is such a cheery color when it shows up in nature. I especially like your images of the irises and morning glories--what beautiful flowers.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful collection of Purple...

Dragonstar said...

What a great collection of purple flowers! Yes, they are wonderful.

Julie said...

Then I have never pissed off God!