Pages

Monday, April 9, 2007

I'm a Libra -- what's your sign, Baby?

So, even though Libras are known for their winning smiles and sense of justice, they can be lazy, outspoken and out of kilter at the drop of a hat. I'm pretty sure that Peanuts' Lucy personifies the Libra on a bad day: melancholy, tight-jawed, snarky ("snidely derisive") with a hefty right hook. I tend to think it is maintaining this superior sense of everyone should play nice that drives them to find their blankie and take to bed; not, of course, without having the last word. Throw in a bit of emotional attention deficit and it goes like this: "I feel like crap today -- oh, man, I was just blinded by how yellow that goldfinch is!" or "I hope that cement footed couple in the upstairs apartment falls through my ceiling and then maybe they'll move out once and for all -- wow, there's a dime on the ground!" or "She gave me the donut with the least amount of sprinkles, that selfish dolt -- A Law & Order marathon, how nice!" and so it goes when you're not quite squared. Danae sums it up. Hmm, maybe she's a Libra too.

Antiques Roadshow had a segment on mohair teddy bears and the one stuffed bear a lady presented for inspection was found to be older than anybody imagined. As the expert examined the bear he noted it was in fine condition all except for the bit of mohair missing from its head. There you have it, the real reason this Libra can only tolerate so much idiocy, I'm short some mohair.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I'm reading through your posts and I have to say, I absolutely love this one, can relate so well, and I'm not even a Libra.