Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday's brew





By popular demand,
who gave me a free cup of coffee
last week and saved me from myself. Life is good, eh?






Also in the cute department, my friend Marianne who is 'Knotminding' had a birthday on Saturday--how sly to have a birthday on a weekend--mine always falls on a Tuesday. Slip on over and wish her a happy day in spite of the fact that its now Monday. Besides having the same name as me she is a wonderful friend to everyone who knows her, generous, funny, courageous knitter and will never let you down. Plus you will be able to find out what kind of birthday cake, sandwich, yarn or flower you would be if asked. Sort of a multasker, she is.

I received an You Make My Day Award from dear Julie Marie my North Dakota neighbor who also goes by Noni (Noani). This award is for 'people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland.' I'm blushing. . .and enthusiastically pass this on to a few of those bloggers who make MY day, each day:

alphawoman -- a writer with a lot to say, a gracious and feisty woman whose writing always stretches me to want to write more

Wiggers World -- Tom and Jane live in the UK, great photography, great sense of humor and greatly appreciated

Inland Empire Girl --a teacher on a Reservation in the Northwest, prolific photographer and cook, dog lover and such a 'readable' writer, no ego just beauty

Julie Schuler @at House of Kewpie -- an incredible artist, mom and lovely young woman, who is Building a New and Accurate Map of the World

Yolanda -- you will see lovely photographs and learn something about yourself every time you go to her blog

Kris @Gardens By The Lake-- who lives practically next door to me in Minneapolis, a gardener and cook extraordinaire; did I mention she loves Standard Poodles?

Marianne -- brave, funny, crazyknitter, pie-lover, wise and wonderful (see above)!

Granny Smith --brimming with talent, kindness; an inspiration and dear friend



Please add this icon for your sideboards and know it is shared because you share with me!



Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another:
"What! You, too? Thought I was the only one."
C.S. Lewis

7 comments:

Julie said...

Hmm, are you sure that isn't Adrian Brody?

Julie

Tom said...

Thank you.. Jane was ever so pleased to see her name mentioned as well.. Big hugs from the UK.

Marianne said...

Seriously? about the cute barista, I was wondering the same as Julie Marie...heh. m.e.r.c.y! yes... life IS good!

I am so honoured. Thank you so very much....talk about blushing, I've got your 'blush' right here, down to my toes.

You make my day, every day also :^)
Now I'm off to visit your other friends!
XOXOX

Yolanda said...

Thanks so much for that Award it is the first one I have gotten but more than that you words made me smile. You are a joy to call friend.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you! and thanks for the links to other great sites I can't wait to check out. I'm going to pretend that IS a picture of the barista. Reality- it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

alphawoman said...

You have made my day! Thank you so much for the wondeful compliments that are making my head big!

Christy Woolum said...

Thank you so much and I appreciate your comments so much. I will post it and do some awards tomorrow.