Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Love *story* Thursday


Let us hope we are preceded in this world by a

love story.

from Of Time & Memory & Sweet Land-the movie

I spent a good part of the past winter haunting antique stores collecting vintage buttons to make magnets like these. Then I spent hours with many buttons spread out on the kitchen table, sorting, cataloging, ogling and then petting my cat, Bean, who had to lay herself in the middle of the whole thing. Each magnet was built with the giftee in mind, also time consuming. Love is like that. . .it takes time but is worth every minute.

See more stories of love at Shutter Sisters here as part of Love Thursday.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh now... that's some button-y fun.. what a wonderful idea... remind me about this come next winter :^D

Granny Smith said...

What beautiful buttons! I know the recipients will feel the love that inspired them. You are very clever to think of such a use for special buttons.

Beatriz Macias said...

Great idea! Your loved ones are truly lucky to have you.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

My grandmother had two big tins of buttons in her closet; I wish I had thought to ask for them before she passed away. I have to ask my dad if they happen to be still around....

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I can paw through boxes of buttons for hours, I'm boring like that.