Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Camera Critters come alive

Aesop said: We would often be sorry if our wishes were granted. I wondered if this guy was wishing to be real. I spied this faux pelican deep in thought under a Norfork Isle Pine in the garden of the Smiling Pelican Bake Shop in Maiden Rock, Wisconsin. We were visiting on a stop during the annual Flood Run motorcycle ride so while the bikers hung together I walked around with my camera. Sadly this wonderful bakery closes down the weekend the bikers come to town which means NO PIE. But they have lovely gardens around their small building in which to stroll. And stroll I did.

These guys seemed happy enough to be real. Pie or not!

See more happy creatures at Camera Critters here.

6 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I love those froggies. I have lots of fun stuff like that in my gardens.

eileeninmd said...

Love the Pelican and especially the frogs. I would like to have them in my garden. Sorry you didn't get the pie. Thank you for sharing your critters.

Dancin Fool said...

I love these shots! The frogs are amazing, that really made me smile!

Adrienne Zwart said...

Those frogs are so cute! Glad you found something to enjoy even if you couldn't have pie.
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog today. I am enjoying my visit to yours as well. Love the quotes in the sidebar, too. :)

Snap said...

Two of my favorite critters .. pelicans and frogs. Looks like a wonderful place.

Rebecca said...

The frogs made me smile. The statue is very playful.