Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Camera Critters aim high.

Realizing, of course, that the sky wasn't quite so blue, I loved watching this adult and young raven on the very top of the tree. Ravens are one of my favorite birds and this time of year with their activity level high, raising the fledgling, protecting the nest from hawks and eating roadkill, all makes for an entertaining time for those of us with feet planted firmly on the ground.

To see more Camera Critters, or join in the fun, see Misty Dawn. . .and Happy Monday too!

10 comments:

Marianne said...

I agree, they're highly entertaining and interesting to watch... and of course, they and their cousins, Crow, are favourites of mine also.

Kyanite said...

Better late than never!
The only Ravens, I've ever seen are @ the Tower of London, with their wings clipped so they can't fly away ... if they did, legend says the monarchy would fall!

Daniel J Santos said...

beautiful image, excellent.

Unknown said...

Now that is a blue sky! It has been a crazy weekend. But I am back. Have a great day!

Donna said...

I don't think I've Ever seen a raven!! I hear that they are much larger than a crow...Good shot!!hughugs

Tom said...

These fantastic birds are not seen often around where I live.. but once or twice I come across them on the walks I do.

Naturegirl said...

The only time I have seen a raven was at the Grand Canyon and was impressed with its size! It was also perched on top of a tree and I did get a good photo!

Misty DawnS said...

That's really cool! I've been watching a nest too, but it's a much smaller bird (Baltimore Oriole)

bobbie said...

This is great. I love when they go so high in a tree.

Granny Smith said...

I really enjoy ravens. They are one of the common birds at our cabin up north. They march around as those they were kings of the universe, not knowing that they look more like clowns.

You seem to be aiming high with this one and reaching both targets: the birds and excellence in photography.