Woman Seated in Chair / Pablo Picasso, 1915
I was tagged,
1. I detest reading those little instruction pamphlets in twenty different languages that come with just about anything you buy that plugs into the wall. I file them away, look for the on/off switch, and I'm in business. Excuse: I can't read the fine print!
2. I leave selected, old phone messages on our answering machine for, umm, years. Excuse: I want to remember the voice of family and friends, o.k.?, especially my daughters wishing me happy mothers day or an old friend who still calls me Morticia.
3. I read newspapers and magazines from back to front. Luckily I read books from beginning to end. Excuse: I don't want to miss anything.
4. Whenever I take a daily walk I visually mark my boundaries using trees at the beginning and end of my time. Then I lovingly pat the trees when I pass. Further quirk: sometimes it turns out to be a telephone pole. Either way, I've had passersby look at me funny. What!??
5. I talk to birds and woodland creatures only when I have their attention (leftover from having kids) and have been known to stop the car and scold a squirrel that I nearly hit because he couldn't decide which side of the road to visit. Very embarrassing to my aforementioned kids.
6. When I eat cottage cheese, which is usually daily (special: two quirks in one) I mix in a couple of tablespoons of plain Greek-style yogurt.
I can't make up my mind who to tag...so I'm taking the coward's way out and leaving this open to anyone who wants to play. Come on, it'll be fun! Just remember the following and don't do what I did with nos. 4 & 5:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.