Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

like a rock

This morning I was clocked on the head by a big pointy rock--instead of the usual smooth and warm stones I've been collecting.
Rounding the bend around the lake I saw two little creatures, seemingly in repose at the edge of the road. By the time I reached them and got my wits about me I realized that they were two very young racoons both hit by a car, likely following mom or dad back from a midnight drink in the lake.
Heartbreaking. indelible. image.

Sighing, I have thrown this rock stone back in Owasso Lake. 

5 comments:

Wanda said...

A sad moment. You illustration shows the mood.

Cloudia said...

blessed are you
you honor life!



Aloha from Waikiki;


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


> < } } ( ° >

< ° ) } } > <

tw3 said...

Not literally by a pointy rock I take it?

Daryl said...

Nature is cruel but motorists are nasty

Gerard W said...

This is a great ppost thanks