Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

'nothin but blue skies'

caveat: all I do is complain about the weather. It appears that we have two choices here in the Twin Cities: cold and clear blue skies or warm[er], foggy and gray.

So, today dawned in the first category and I was itching to take a long walk along the lake. On my way home I heard familiar Robin sounds right above me. He was basking in the sun so didn't mind me taking his photo. Oh joy! Is there a more beautiful sound than bird song in the dead of winter?

Find more happiness in feathers or fur @ Camera Critters.

8 comments:

jabblog said...

Beautiful shot Noni - it makes your heart sing to see such a lovely day. (The sun is shining in a blue, blue sky today, too:-))

Betty said...

Love your little Robin in the tree against the blue sky so sweet.
~~Hugs~~

Snap said...

Beautiful -- sky and robin ... singing a little joy! How lucky to be in the right place at the right time. :D :D

Anonymous said...

Nice photo. We haven't seen a blue sky around here since last week. Thanks,

Tony

Bill S. said...

Wonderful picture. Robins are spring birds here and I love when I first start seeing them. By the end of the summer I am fed up with them.

claude said...

Beautiful bird in a beautiful blue sky, Noni !
Over ihere it's foggy and grey.

MJ said...

Your description of winter is all to familiar to us here in Wisconsin. Such a pretty and rare winter capture of a very optimistic(!) Robin :-)

Jenny said...

Beautiful! Such a sharp contrast to the birds we see in South Florida this time of year! Pictures like that warm the soul!